Friday, April 22, 2011

Reflection: Poststructuralism and Postmodernism Part 2

As a follow up of Dr. Wexler’s clips on American Psycho I watched the full version on Blue Ray DVD last night, and I have to admit it was kind of disturbing.  Then I watched it again with the director’s commentary, and her relaxed soothing voice put me more at ease. I also watched the Michel Foucault and Noam Chomsky debate again, also, as a follow up to Dr. Wexler’s clip. I know about Noam Chomsky’s great contribution to linguistics through English 302: Introduction to Modern Grammar, which I took last semester. So I plan to incorporate all of this material in my analysis for Poststructuralism and Postmodernism, which I plan to tackle tomorrow morning when I am more rested and my mind is fresh. In addition, I will bring up Disneyland briefly and discuss Jean Baudrillard’s,  “The Precession of Simulcra,” which I find fascinating. So I look forward to the assignment and then reading about Feminism and Gender Studies

No comments:

Post a Comment